December 9, 2011
December 9th Injury Report
- Ben Roethlisberger's ankle/leg injury was confirmed to be a high ankle sprain after an MRI on Monday. Roethlisberger said that he thought it was a broken leg when it first happened. According to multiple sources, Roethlisberger was seen leaving the stadium on Thursday night in a boot. His status for week 15 is in doubt.
- Another quarterback was injured in Thursday Night's showdown. Browns quarterback Colt McCoy sustained a concussion in the fourth quarter on a hit from Steelers linebacker James Harrison. Browns ex-center LeCharles Bently that McCoy should not have been allowed back in the game, and it was clear that he had a concussion. In the post game press conference, the Browns PR guy asked if the bright lights could be turned down or off. This is an ongoing issue, and the NFL has to address it. Referees need to be able to tell players that they can not return when they see any signs of a concussion. The Browns stick to their case that Colt seemed OK, although that sounds unlikely to me.
- Josh Freeman (shoulder) practiced today, and looks very likely to start on Sunday after missing week 13.
- Vikings rookie quarterback Christian Ponder (hip) returned to practice today but was limited. He is listed as questionable, and will be a game-time decision on Sunday. Keep him out of your fantasy lineups.
- Chiefs quarterback Kyle Orton (finger) was limited in practice on Friday for the third consecutive day. He is officially listed as doubtful to play this week.
- Rams quarterbacks Sam Bradford (ankle) and AJ Feeley (finger) did not practice on Friday. Both Tom Bradstater and recently-acquired Kellen Clemens split first-team reps in Friday's practice. Being a Monday night game, we will not get Bradford's or Feeley's official status until Saturday, but neither is expected to play.
- Lions running back Kevin Smith (ankle) started practe with the team on Friday, but did not finish after he could not cut on the ankle. He is listed as questionable on the official injury report.
- Broncos running back Willis McGahee (knee) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game after practicing for his first time on Friday.
- Bengals RB Cedric Benson (foot) practiced on Friday and is listed as probable for Sunday's game against the Texans.
- Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) and Brandon Jacobs (hamstring) both returned to practice on Friday and are expected to play this week. Both running backs were limited and are listed as probable for Sunday Night's game against the Cowboys.
- The Packers ruled out running back James Starks (ankle) today. Ryan Grant and rookie Brandon Saine will share the majority of the carries.
- The Saints ruled out rookie running back Mark Ingram (turf toe) today. Darren Sproles and Pierre Thomas should both be in your lineup with Ingram now out, as both shold get 10-15 touches in this explosive offense of the Saints.
- Cowboys running back Phillip Tanner was place on injured reserve today with a hamstring injury.
- Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (ankle) said that his ankle is "about 80 percent" and he is listed as questionable for Sunday's game. He is likely to be a game-time decision, but Leslie Frazier said that the decision will be made amongst the team before Sunday.
- Cardinals running back Beanie Wells (knee, thumb, hamstring) is listed as probable to play against the 49ers. It seems like Wells' injuries have become a week-to-week thing for fantasy owners. Keep an eye on it, as always.
- Today after Texans' practice, head coach Gary Kubiak ruled Andre Johnson (hamstring), who did not practice on Friday, out for Sunday's game. Kevin Walter also missed practice on Friday with an illness, and is listed as questionable for Sunday. Jacoby Jones will start in place of the injured Andre Johnson.
- Cowboys wide receiver Laurent Robinson (shoulder) was limited in practice today and is listed as questionable. Robinson said that he thinks that he will be able to play.
- Raiders wide receivers Jacoby Ford (foot) and Denarius Moore (foot) did not practice on Friday and are officially out on Sunday.
- Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin (hamstring) is listed as probable after practicing in limited fashion all week long.
- Broncos wide receiver Eddie Royal is listed as questionable with a concussion.
- 49ers wide receiver Braylon Edwards (knee) is listed as questionable to play against the Cardinals, but is expected to play.
- Falcons wide receivers Roddy White (shoulder), Julio Jones (hamstring), and Harry Douglas (groin) are all listed as probable for Sunday's game.
- Colts tight end Dallas Clark is going to be back this week after practicing in full all week long.
- Cowboys tight end Martellus Bennett (ribs) did not practice on Friday and is listed as doubtful.
- Jaguars tight end Marcedes Lewis (ankle) was a full participant in practice all week long, and is listed as probable.
- The Jaguars placed defensive end Aaron Kampman on injured reserve today for the second straight year with the team, and the third straight in the NFL.
- Ravens kicker Billy Cundiff (calf) is listed as questionable and will be a game-time decision.
- 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.
- Broncos rookie linebacker Von Miller (thumb) is listed as probable to play against the Bears. Miller did practice on Friday.
- Lions corner back Chris Houston (knee) is listed as doubtful after not practicing all week long.
- Cowboys linebacker Demarcus Ware (neck) returned to a full practice on Friday and is listed as questionable.
- Buccaneers corner back Aqib Talib (hamstring) has been ruled out for week 14.
- Eagles corner backs Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie practiced on Friday. Asomugha is listed as probable, while DRC is listed as questionable.
- Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora (ankle) has been ruled out for week 14.
- Cardinals safety Kerry Rhodes (foot) practiced on Friday and looks like he is going to return in week 14. Rhodes is officially listed as questionable.
- Lions defensive end Nick Fairley (foot) did not practice all week long with a foot injury. He is questionable, but is not expected to play.