December 15, 2011
December 15th Injury Report
- Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (ankle) did not practice Thursday.
- Rams quarterbacks AJ Feeley (finger) and Sam Bradford (ankle) did not practice on Thursday. As of Wednesday, Bradford said that his ankle is going backwards.
- Dolphins quarterback Matt Moore (concussion) practiced, and is on tract to play this coming Sunday.
- According to Josh Looney of kcchiefs.com, Kyle Orton will wear a glove on his throwing hand on Sunday to protect his finger. Looney also pointed out that Orton had worn a glove in Denver before.
- Titans head coach Mike Munchak said that he is "confident" that Matthew Hasselback (calf) will play this week. Hasselbeck was limited in practice on Thursday.
- The Browns sent Colt McCoy home from Thursday's practice because of headaches according to Scott Petrak. This makes him almost certain to sit this week out. Seneca Wallace is preparing as if he will start.
- Lions running back Kevin Smith (ankle) was limited in practice on Thursday, which is a good sign according to Anwar Richardson of MLive.com.
- Adrian Peterson (no introduction needed) was in practice again on Thursday and is expected to play this week, after missing the last three games.
- Raiders running back Darren McFadden (foot, lisfranc) did not practice Thursday. I do not expect him to play again this year.
- Cardinals running back Beanie Wells (knee) was limited in practice on Thursday. Normal limited practice for Beanie, as he has been battling the knee injury all year. He should be a go this week.
- Browns running back Montario Hadesty (calf) was limited in practice on Thursday.
- Bengals running back Cedric Benson (back) was limited in practice on Thursday. Benson should play unless he suffers a setback. He has a very generous matchup against St.Louis this week, so it would be a shame if he misses.
- Packers running back James Starks (ankle) was held out of practice on Thursday and is a "long shot" to play this week.
- Raiders wide receiver Denarius Moore (foot) practice for the second consecutive day on Thursday, but Jacoby Ford did not practice. Ford could return if he practices, but I don't think he will. It looks like Moore will make a return.
- Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson (hamstring) did not practice with the team on Thursday, but did some light running on the side, The feeling around the team is that he will not play until week 17.
- Patriots wide receiver Deion Branch (groin) was limited in practice on Thursday.
- Colts tight end Dallas Clark (neck/back) did not practice today, and is not expected to play this Sunday.
- Lions DT Nick Fairley (foot) did not practice on Thursday but said that it is feeling better.
- Steelers safety Troy Polamalu (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday, nor did center Maurkice Pouncey (ankle). Pouncey is less likely to play than Ben Roethlisberger for the Steelers this weekend.
- 49ers tight end Patrick Willis (hamstring) did not practice on Thursday and his status for Monday Night Football against the Steelers is in doubt.
- The Redskins placed safety LaRon Landry on injured reserve today, ending his injury-plagued season. Landry has a strained left Achilles' tendon and a strained groin which landed him on IR with three weeks to go.
Sam Hurd is arrested on federal cocaine charges and faces up to 40 years in prison.
USA Today article: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bears/story/2011-12-15/sam-hurd-drug-arrest/51965856/1
1. Bears' Sam Hurd arrested on federal cocaine chargers
2. Report: Hurd's drug clients included many NFL players
3. Hurd accused of arranging multimillion-dollar drug deals (must read)
3.League "looking into" Sam Hurd case